You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Christmas Crossover Exchange 2019
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]

"Christmas Crossover Exchange 2019", 3rd Nov 2019, 1:37 PM #1
SunnySideUpSmile
Boiling water
Registration date: 8th Nov 2016
Rules:
1. The art must include at least one character from each comic. I will be checking the comics so yeah.
2. Keep it Christmas themed! We love winter holidays so it’d be kind of sad if it wasn’t really Christmas themed. It could be anything, just as long as there’s some Christmas fever in there.
3. Please be nice to your assignment. We don’t want to be mean. My half melted failed snowman will be sad.
4. The exchange itself must be safe for work.You can enter whatever you wish (as long as it’s your on comic) but your exchange must be safe for work.
5. Keep your thing as short or long as you want. Attempt to send a multi-page thing all at once, but that’s not strict.
6. Pleaaaaaasssseee do not post your exchange art or share it. Just PM it to me. We love surprises in this household so having it be not a surprise is no.
7. Deadline to submit your exchange is December 20th! It’s a little more than a month. If you can’t make the deadline please PM me by December 5th. If you don’t make it AND you don’t let me know previously, then you’re going to get called out. Exceptions may apply.image

Sign ups END on November 15th. Assignments go out on the 16th. You will get a piece of fanart even if someone isn’t doing it anymore. Even if I have to draw it myself. No one will be left out.

1. Sign up by November 15th. No later.
2. Let me know what flags you don’t want.
3. Let me know what flags you have. (Also if your comic has the flag but doesn’t show that, let me know as well.)
4. List comics you’ve done before if you don’t want to do them again. You don’t have to.
5. If you want to back up, let me know. I accept all backups lmao

Now, I’m not doing a collab comic. BMR, however has graciously offered to do something. It is, in their words,
BMR:Basically, my idea for the intro comic was, the poem "The Night Before Christmas". Anyone who signs up for it, will get a certain number of lines, depending on how many people join.

1. Tell me in your sign up post if you’re doing it. If you don’t tell me you won't get an assignment.
2. Once you get your art assignment, you will also get your poem lines.
BMR:So basically, they just have to do a page/set of pages/single image that incorporates their lines. Nothing much else to add rules-wise, I think.

TLDR:
- Tell me flags you have and don’t want
- Fan art and collab poem art due on December 20th, 11:59 EST.
- Assignments go out on or before the 16th.
- Cover art and intro go up on December 24th, at 5:00 pm EST.
- If you have questions please ask

If you have an avatar/banner idea, or some site shenanigans ideas, PM me! If not, I’ll whip up something.

9/20
Assignment
3/8 Intro comic
Days till posting: 19 days
3rd Nov 2019, 1:43 PM #2
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
I'm up with The Adventures of Sir Power with V and L flag, i don't have any problem with any flag.
in the past i did the exchanges with Lectro by 7 different Jeremys (Or one guy with Jeremy7 nick, I'm not sure),
It's just another Day by BluRaven C. Houvener and Cryptida by Microraptor
3rd Nov 2019, 1:53 PM #3
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
I... I think I'm one guy... though I can't be too sure... WHO AM I?

Anyways, I sign up with:

LECTRO!
Which has a V tag. Mostly light, there are some handcapitations but they aren't terribly graphic.
Don't wanna work with S or N tags.
Let's see, in the past, I worked with: Silk and Sword, War Planet, The Mansion of E, Peregrine, and COSMOS. While I had Cryptida for the Back To School Collab, I'd like a chance to make a proper crossover.

I guess I'll take my chances with the intro. But just be warned, my otherwise normal Santa Claus is also an ass-kicking spectre.
3rd Nov 2019, 2:56 PM #4
JC Webcomics

Registration date: 7th Mar 2016
Sign me up with The Strangest Coven. It has the V! flag (although I keep things PG-13 at most) and I'm fine with any flags.

In the last year I've done exchanges for:
I'm Not Your Friend
Journey Through the Starsea
Blue Dragon
The Redac

I won't do the collab this time around, but put me down as a backup artist.
3rd Nov 2019, 5:08 PM #5
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016
I'll join with Fantomah Rising on the exchange. I'll skip the comic this time. Deadline's a little too tight for both.

My most recent collabs have been:
Selling Smiles
Serpents of Old
Aster & Delphinium
Dark Horse

My comic has V flag, but I don't use violence in these exchanges.
3rd Nov 2019, 5:31 PM #6
EmiHaru

Registration date: 30th Aug 2015
Wooo, I'd like to join but I'm afraid I didn't really understand what I should do. Can someone please explain this to me? ^^" (sorry I'm such a newbie!!)
3rd Nov 2019, 5:57 PM #7
SunnySideUpSmile
Boiling water
You're good! So, what you do is after you sign up with a comic of yours, then you would get an assignment of another comic. You would take at least one character from your comic and one from the other one, and put them together in a setting that relates to the theme. (In this case, Christmas). Once you do that and send it in by PM, everyone's art will be showcased. Its kind of like Secret Santa but comics. Does that make sense?
3rd Nov 2019, 6:18 PM #8
EmiHaru

Registration date: 30th Aug 2015
Yeah! Tysm! I'd like to join with my comic Ketsuekidoku since my new comic won't be up any sooner hehe. It's flagged V (mild) and I'm comfortable with any flag.
3rd Nov 2019, 7:49 PM #9
NiaNook
not the one who meowed (?)
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Auuuugh I really shouldn't sign up for this seeing as I barely can make time for my own comic these days >___>;;; B-but how could I resist a Christmas exchange!??

WELP. Will kick self for this later. It definitely won't be as ambitious as my last one but bring on the holly-jollies
_______
Signing up with Beyond Bloom (which has a V!iolence tag)
Would like to avoid the heavy S! and N! tags
Past Exchanges: Telly Savants - Serpents of Old - Alice Darkly - All Dark University

EDIT: Will the collab project involve just a drawing of a character reading from the poem?
3rd Nov 2019, 8:50 PM #10
SunnySideUpSmile
Boiling water
Probably lmao the deadline for it is really short so I'll let them do something as long as it includes the poem lines assigned and something from the comic
3rd Nov 2019, 9:27 PM #11
Jay042
Keeps with the times
Registration date: 7th Nov 2009
Kaza's Mate Gwenna is in. It's flagged for N!
3rd Nov 2019, 10:54 PM #12
Cartoonist_at_Large

Registration date: 26th Jul 2016
Cosmos.... is in!

We have no flags here, and we're fine with PG-rated V and L!

In the last year or so, we've hung out with Serpents of Old, Dark Horse, The Strangest Coven, Rose Thief, Galaxy Knights, Court of Roses, Peregrine and Cryptida!

I've got a fair bit of freelance design work on at the moment, so I may be doing a fan art rather than a 900 page-long story this time around, but I will deliver something tasty!
4th Nov 2019, 1:35 AM #13
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I am so in! This time, I want to do Word from Word is the Bird and with that said, I want to keep everything G rated because Word is all about being family friendly and above all else, putting a smile on your face.
4th Nov 2019, 2:07 AM #14
Spotty001

Registration date: 13th Sep 2011
Jumping in for my second crossover this year!

Signing up with The Battalion, flags are violence and language, but nothing appearing in the comic so far.
Not worried about flags, throw anything at me!
Comics I've done before: Karabear Comics Unlimited, INTS: Black Gate, and Peregrine

I can be a backup and I'd like to sign up for the poem collab as well!

Cheers!
4th Nov 2019, 5:26 AM #15
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
I want to get in with Almighty Protectors. It has nudity as a flag, and sometimes language (though usually pretty clean in that regard, since the heroes don't curse). I'm okay with all flags.

I think I'll do the intro comic. Sounds fun. Will there also be a cover image, or does the intro comic replace that?
4th Nov 2019, 6:29 AM #16
BustyLaroo

Registration date: 5th Feb 2019
I'm in! :D Entering with Angels of the Fallen
It's rated pg-13.

I'm comfortable with anything. :)
4th Nov 2019, 7:05 AM #17
Eve Z.
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Registration date: 10th Mar 2017
Signing up with my comic.

I'm fine with any flags.
4th Nov 2019, 2:48 PM #18
SunnySideUpSmile
Boiling water
shastab24:I think I'll do the intro comic. Sounds fun. Will there also be a cover image, or does the intro comic replace that?

I won't be doing the cover collab image because the deadline is tight as it is. I will make a cover image, though
4th Nov 2019, 2:56 PM #19
Podgor
formerly Meekrat
Registration date: 28th Aug 2012
I would like to do both things and I'm fine with any flags, while my comic may at one point have V and L flags.
My comic is Milty's Fictocomic Calvacade and I would suggest using Milty, Joel, or Ceesia but feel free to use any character that's shown up thus far.

Milty's Fictocomic Cavalcade
4th Nov 2019, 3:21 PM #20
SunnySideUpSmile
Boiling water
So both the poem and the regular?
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Christmas Crossover Exchange 2019
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]